Saturday, April 01, 2006

Happy April

Wow, I am so glad that March is over, it has been a difficult month, it's been one thing after another. I’m counting on April to bring good things into my life. One of the big issues has been my little Alex becoming sick and needing surgery.



isnt he the cutest???

Alex is the love of my life, I don’t have children but he has filled that space. Alex developed glaucoma (over night) and needs his eye removed. This has been heart breaking but it’s what he needs. One of the other worries is the fact that he’s 13 and to undergo such a major surgery is scary but when the vet called with his pre-op blood test results she said she’s never seen results so good (more than good), for a dog his age. I’m going to head out to Spokane for the surgery it’s 1/2 the price if I head out there and when I say 1/2 the price I’m talking about saving $400.00. I have a friend out there that I can stay with and it will be nice to get to visit with her. We’ll be heading for Spokane end of next week.

Dealing with all this has been difficult and to top it off our cat Shiva who's 18 became deathly ill, we thought we were going to loose her but after a trip to the vet and antibiotic she’s back to her old self, if we can just get some weight on her.


On the knitting front...

I’ve been having a great time knitting up my hand died yarn, I have enjoyed it so much I’ve already started on the second glove. I actuly started off making sock’s but 1/2 way through I realized that it wouldn't be a bit tight over my calf so I decided to turn it into a glove. I’m one of those who almost never gets the second one of anything done, the second sock, the second glove. I get board using the same yarn but for some odd reason that’s not the case using yarn I died myself, I’m excited about every stitch. Here’s a photo of the first glove.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, look at Alex! I'm sorry about your kitty, too - there's been a lot going on lately, huh.

Where did the pink go in your mitts??!!

Um - I need to call you - Wednesday morning starts at 7:45. eek!

Natasha said...

I'll have to find a photo of Shiva, she's doing pretty good but she's so thin cant seem to get the weight back on her.

You cant see the pink??? must be your monitor ; ) guess I should go look at it on my PC it looks great on my Mac.

7:45??? how am I going to get up that early? Why would they want to start that early?