Thursday, April 20, 2006

Home with my pup

Alex and I are back from Spokane where he had his surgery. It was difficult for both of us. Broke my heart to see him go though what he had to go though but Dr. Yakely at the Animal Eye Clinic and his technician Debbie where amazing. They were so wonderful to both Alex and myself. They let me be with Alex up until his surgery, I was able to hold him when they gave him the sedative again when they gave him the anesthesia and even when they put the little breathing tube down his throat. Then after the surgery they brought him to my all wrapped up in a warm blanket so I could hold him while he came out of the anesthesia.

Here’s a picture of my baby before and after....


Earlier this year.


Alex just arrived home laying on top of mommy still so sleepy.


The next day, he looks like he's not feeling well and so sad.

I don’t have a photo with the bandages off yet.

The one thing I hadn't anticipated was that he would become depressed. It broke my heart watching him have no smile that is until today or should I say late this afternoon. I finally found something he would eat (he hadn't been eating) he wolfed down cottage cheese of all things. After he ate he actually wanted to play, it filled my heart to see him getting his spunk back and his smile.

I thought I would get a lot of knitting done while I was East of the mountains and I did start a sweater for Alex but it looks to small so I’m going to rip it out and start over, until then Alex will just have to wear one of his store bought sweaters.

No comments: