Thursday, April 27, 2006

Alex update...

Alex got his stitches out today and he’ doing great. I don’t have a photo without the stitiches but here’s one with his stitches still in, you cant really tell they're there. It’s so nice to see him back to normal. Now he can rub his little face into the carpet or grass and get all spunky. Fills my heart.



I’m working on a couple of knitting projects right now. First, I finished my fingerless gloves and I’m really enjoying them.

Now I’m working on a sweater for Alex, I have started it 4 x’s now and am a bit frustrated but I'm determine. The very first project I every started (about 8 years ago) was a sweater for Alex poor thing, I had no idea what I was doing, in order for him to wear it he would have had to lay flat on the ground with his front legs extended away from his body, I totally had the leg holes in the wrong place. So then a couple of weeks ago I ripped it out and started a new one. Well, that one didn’t turn out very well either so once again I ripped it out. So now i'm on the 3rd one which I miss understood the directions, I started at the neck and was knitting in the round WRONG! so I ripped it out and now have this...



the directions were to start at the tail and work up the back and at about 1/3 of the way you start knitting in the round. I’m at the arm holes now but am a bit lost so I’m going to meet with a friend next week and see if I can get some help.

I’m also working on another pair of socks, I have the write amount of stitches so they will fit my calf. I’m loving the ribbing on this one thanks to Patti for telling me about this pattern.



Oh, and I did something I’ve never done before, I made biscotti's! They turned out so great and really were very easy to make. To be honest, I cant remember the last time I even baked something. I took them for a tea party my friend Caitlin had. It was a very nice time and my biscotti's were a hit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alex looks good! I can't wait to see him in his little sweater. With his legs in the proper position and everything. :)