Monday, April 26, 2010

Things are looming

So what did I go and do last week??? Brought home a loom. I had been wanting to learn how to weave and met a women a few months ago who said she would love to show me how to weave. So after a few months of thinking about it I finally gave her a call. She mentioned that she saw a free loom on Craigs list and suggested I check it out. Well I did and the rest is history. Here's a few photos of my loom and my first weaving project.


The fiber for my weaving is perl cotton.


Weaving is kind of fun. I find myself sitting at the loom for 10 min here 10 min there. With spinning, if I sit down to spin for a bit it ends up being hours so the weaving is a nice way to just take a break for a bit.

Found this fun website where I can post things I made on Mondays. Thought I would see if it helps get me more sales on my Etsy site.

No comments: