Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Keeping busy

Such excitement around here. Since I started my Etsy shop I have had 3 sales. WooHoo!!! From what I've been told that's pretty unusual. I need to get more items listed, but I want to put something other than cupcakes which means I need to take photos. Hopeful I'll get photos taken tomorrow. My mantra will be, photos, photos, photos, until I get them done!

Feb 11, 12 & 13 I went to the Madrona Fiber Art conference in Tacoma, WA. which was a total blast. I didn't take any classes this year I just went to hang out and it was nice to do just that. I did sell a bunch of my spinning hooks to Morgaine of Carolina Homespun. I didn't think she would need more but she sure did and fortunately I bought a nice selection with me.

When I got home I had an order for cupcake beads from Fusion Beads, which I got made and delivered already.

We also have a new student living with us. Humm, guess I never mentioned about being an International Host. Dan and I have been hosting students from other country on and off for about 14 years now. We have one student from Brazil and this new one is from Korea. Both are very nice people and very fun to have around the house.

I've also been doing quite a bit of spinning. I bought the most yummy fiber (got to find the tag). It's merino/silk blend died a beautiful sea foam blue. The stuff spun like butter! I never wanted it to end. So now I have it in my head that i need to buy a whole lot of Merina/silk fiber to die myself. I love to die fiber and this combo should be fun to play with.

1 comment:

Linda 'K' said...

Ya godda post that seafoam blue skein picture - it's awesome. And vessels and hooks - godda show 'em. Do you want my vessel back to show a picture? I wore it all over Madrona. I think those two yellow vessels you gave me could be turned into earrings - or you could make mini-vessel earrings. Kind of a Greek or Roman look. Woo and Hoo!